Shared Ownership Solicitors

Shared Ownership Solicitors

Filter your results

Minimum bedrooms
Maximum bedrooms
Tenure type

It’s common to purchase a Shared Ownership home with the support of a solicitor - a process that is similar to the traditional methods of purchasing a property.

The only difference is how you work alongside mortgage advisors, lenders and solicitors.

Below is a breakdown of what to consider if you’re looking for a Shared Ownership solicitor as well as several recommendations from Platform. 



What to consider with a Shared Ownership solicitor?

Finding a solicitor to help you buy a shared ownership home is an important decision. They will be acting on your behalf throughout the purchase, keeping you informed of progress and advising on any concerns.

It is usually best to find a solicitor who is experienced in dealing with shared ownership purchases and leases. Here are some of the other things you need to consider:

Get a quote

Contact a couple of solicitors to obtain quotes before instructing. Ask them to advise you in writing if they expect any additional costs to arise. Many solicitors will ask you to pay the fees to cover the various local authority and other searches in advance, often around £250 upfront.

Check your lender's panel

If you know which lender you will be using for your mortgage, make sure the solicitor is on their panel of approved solicitors and so can act for your lender too. If your solicitor is not, and the lender has to instruct a different solicitor to act on their behalf, you will be charged additional fees.

Tell them who is involved

If you are receiving any money from a parent or another person to help pay for the house, then tell your solicitor and mortgage advisor as soon as possible. They will need to inform the lender and ensure that they are happy to proceed. This will prevent any delays later in the process.

Take your documents

A solicitor will usually need to see identification documents, such as your passport or driving licence and a bank statement or utility bill, before getting started so make sure you have these documents available.



Shared Ownership Solicitors Panel

West Midlands & South West

Start of slider, skip slider
  • Dee and Griffin

    Dee & Griffin are Gloucester-based solicitors that specialise in a wide range of legal matters.

  • MFG Solicitors

    MFG Solicitors is a leading regional law firm providing a balanced portfolio of commercial, agricultural and private client services

  • SHB Solicitors

    Salusbury Harding & Barlow have been advising and assisting individuals, families and businesses with their legal matters for over 150 years.

  • Davison Law

    Davison Law operate across 14 offices in Central Birmingham and surrounding areas providing legal support to clients.

Showing 1 of 4

End of slider, skip slider

East Midlands and Lincolnshire

Start of slider, skip slider
  • Wilkin Chapman

    Wilkin Chapman is the largest law firm in Lincolnshire & East Yorkshire with an unrivalled breadth and depth of expertise and experience.

  • Wartnaby Hefford

    Wartnaby Hefford was formed by the amalgamation of Wartnabys and Heffords, two long established firms of experienced solicitors in Market Harborough

  • Franklins

    Franklins Solicitors set their own standards above and beyond what is expected in the legal profession.

Showing 1 of 4

End of slider, skip slider

Staircasing and Resales

Start of slider, skip slider
  • Owen Paulo Legal Ltd

    Our team at Owen Paulo Legal Ltd has over 20 years experience within the shared ownership market and we work for housing associations in their staircasing & lease extensions transactions

Showing 1 of 1

End of slider, skip slider